Though I love picking up some new fall fashion pieces (just bought this dress
– such a classic!), there is nothing like a new fall lip color to make me feel like a new person. Ok, not a completely new person but at least a little different from yesterday. LOL. I typically associate fall with darker and bolder lips, so I thought I would put together a list of my favorite new and
old fall lip colors.
1. Kevyn Aucoin The Lipgloss in Bloodroses
– It may look dark and moody, but this sheer gloss-like balm is for those that want to dabble in the fall lip trend, but not fully commit. It tints the lips ever so slightly with the most gorgeous shade of burgundy. Also wears well over top of your favorite matte lip to give it a bit of shine.
2. Kevyn Aucoin Lipstick in Eliarice
– I love a fire engine red lip color, but when I need to tone it down a bit I always pull out Eliarice. It’s a gorgeous brick red that has a hint of brown which is great for during the day and weekends.
3. Chanel Rouge Allure in Envoutante
– In the bullet, this color looks incredibly dark and vampy. However, when on, it’s a sheer purple-plum that has just a hint of shimmer. Nothing that will deter me from wearing it during the day, but just enough to give it some dimension. I love this with a contoured cheek and tons of mascara.
4. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte in Razzberry
– I have been wearing this shade for years and years and it is always one of the first ones I gravitate towards. It’s a bold raspberry color with a matte formulation that is super creamy as only Bobbi can do. Though I love to wear this during the day, I find it looks best for special occasions when I want my lips to be the focal point and last all evening.
5. MAC Spice It Up
– I may be going on at least 8 years with this color, which should tell you how much of a staple it is for my lip wardrobe. This was actually my first foray into dark lip colors, and it’s sheer texture made it less scary to try and more wearable for every day. My lipstick collection will never be without this one.
6. Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color in Plum Brandy
– This is one of those times where I had to put the color on my lip in order to fall in love with it. Even with a swatch on my hand, this looked bold and a tad too dark for my liking. I went ahead and applied it anyways and with one blot of a tissue, it turned into the most gorgeous plum burgundy that looks great for day or evening.
7. Lipstick Queen Belle Epoque Balm in Belle Wine
– Ok, I know that it seems so easy to just throw on a dark lip and head out into the world. But I acknowledge that there are some people that even the slightest color can push them out of their comfort zone too much, so I found the perfect compromise. This Lipstick Queen gloss looks so dark in the tub, but applies like a tinted lip conditioner giving the lips the slightest hint of fall color. I like to use it as a base under my lipsticks, but for many this may be all the color they need.
8. Urban Decay Revolution Gloss in Apocalypse
– Again, this is a case of get it on the lips before making a final decision. Swatching it was alarming since I figured it would look almost Halloween-like on my lips, but thankfully I put my assumptions aside because the end result is stunning. It is a bit high maintenance in the way that it can separate a bit so I prefer to mix this with another sheer lipstick, but the color is just too beautiful to pass up. And the texture is creamy without being tacky.
9. Pixi Beauty Mattelustre Lipstick in Classic Red
– Just as the trees turn that vibrant shade of red-orange, this lip color mimics it completely. It’s a bright red with a hint of coral that could probably work for both summer and winter, but for now this is working so well with my plaid scarves and warm neutral toned clothing.
10. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Jilted
– Typically I either go red or plum/burgundy for fall, so this fuchsia was a nice change. It has a slight duo chrome finish which makes it unique and can look different depending on the lighting. I love this with an all black outfit, or when wearing a lot of purple tones in my clothing. A touch of bronzer on the cheeks and a dark lash is all I need to complete a look with this lip.
11. Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color in Soft Berry
– I know this shade falls closer to the neutral family, but it is much darker than my traditional nude lip. When it’s on it really warms up my face so it has made a home in my fall lip line-up. Any warm creams, off-whites or browns that I wear automatically gets this lip as a complement. A rosy-brown cheek and a bronzy eye are my favorite pairings for a lip like this.
Swatches for left to right starting at the top left: Lipstick Queen Belle Wine, Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color in Soft Berry, Kevyn Aucoin Blood Roses, Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lipstick in Razzberry, MAC Spice It Up, Chanel Rouge Allure Envoutante, Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color Plum Brandy, Kevyn Aucoin Eliarice, Pixi Beauty Mattelustre lipstick in Classic Red, Urban Decay Revolution Gloss in Apocalypse, Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Jilted.
*pr samples included
What are some of your favorite fall lip colors? Leave me a comment below!