Jones Road Beauty is a relatively newer beauty brand founded by the one and only Bobbi Brown. She is actually no longer affiliated with her namesake brand and launched this new line a few years ago. I’ve been really intrigued by the products and finally have enough of them to give a thorough review.
1. The Bronzer in Light Tan – The formula. The color. Everything about this is absolute perfection. It is so finely milled, blends beautifully and starts sheer but builds up nicely. A must have!
2. Just a Sec eyeshadow in Topaz and Linen – I find the best way to apply these are with my finger since they are cream formula. The Topaz shade is nicely pigmented and looks so elegant and chic on the lids. Refined shimmer that isn’t too glittery. Linen is more sheer and I will pat it on to get a more opaque application but it still gives just a slight wash of color. I get no creasing from either shade and they last all day.
3. The Bronzer Brush – I have been reaching for this bronzer brush almost every single day even if I’m not using the JR bronzer. The shape is perfectly fluffy but still slightly angled to apply just the right amount.
4. Miracle Balm in Miami Beach and Magic Hour – I wasn’t completely sold on these when I initially tried Magic Hour. The texture is incredibly emollient and stays tacky on the cheeks all day. You are supposed to break the seal (just push your finger into the product) before using, rub a bit between your fingers and apply as your last step on the cheeks (can also be used on the lips). Magic Hour wasn’t a favorite of mine but Miami Beach completely changed my mind. The color is GORGEOUS and gives the most beautiful natural flush to the cheeks. Due to the creamy nature of the product, I would definitely recommend this for more dry skin types.
5. Lip & Cheek Stick in Bright Pink and Mauve Rose – Absolute perfection. I LOVE these cheek/lip sticks. I typically use them on my cheeks but in a pinch will through them onto the lips for a monochromatic makeup moment. The texture is more dry than the Miracle Balm yet still blends easily. Once they are blended in, they dry down and don’t stay tacky on the cheeks.
6. The Best Eyeshadow in So Pretty – Just looking at this I was a bit concerned for fallout since it looks so glittery but there was NONE! The texture of these powder shadows are so smooth and blend seamlessly. This particular color is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!! Super wearable even though it’s very shimmery. This is a must have!
7. The Face Pencil in 01 – This face pencil is more for adding a bit of coverage under the eyes, around the nose or a small amount on the cheeks. It’s not large enough to be used all over the face. The formula is a tad on the dry side so make sure your skin is well prepped and moisturized or else it could pull on dry patches. I like it best used under the eyes but I probably wouldn’t reach for it on a daily basis since I prefer more of a full face makeup look with a true foundation or skin tint all over.
8. Cool Gloss in Pink Gold Shimmer – Tons of shine and gloss with this though not very sticky which is nice. It feels like a mix between a gloss and lip oil. The formula has a strong minty scent which I love but it doesn’t make the lips feel tingly or uncomfortable. There is a ton of glitter in this particular shade and you can feel the particles on the lip. That doesn’t bother me but I thought I would mention it for those that may be sensitive to it.
Swatches from left to right: Miracle Balm in Miami Beach, Miracle Balm in Magic Hour, Lip and Cheek Stick in Bright Pink, Lip and Cheek Stick in Mauve, Just a Sec Shadow in Topaz, Just a Sec Shadow in Linen, Bronzer in Light Tan, Face Pencil in 1, Eyeshadow in So Pretty, Cool Gloss in Pink Gold Shimmer
If I had to pick my absolute must have products from what I have tried so far, they would be: the Bronzer AND Bronzer brush, Just a sec cream eyeshadows, powder eyeshadows and lip & cheek sticks. Those are all products I plan to repurchase and absolutely LOVE!
Have you tried anything from Jones Road yet? What are your favorites?