I’m not normally someone that gets excited about hair products but I have finally found a handful of faves that are really working for my hair! I’ve been using most of them for months and months and feel like they have all performed consistently for me this entire time. I don’t use any styling products other than the occasional spritz of dry shampoo at night because most weigh my hair down. My scalp is quite oily while my ends can be dry so it’s a challenge finding a combination of products but I think for now I have a good system! I only wash my hair twice a week because if I do anymore than that, it becomes VERY oily.
1. Kerastase Balancing Shampoo – This shampoo is designed for oily roots and really works well on my hair. It doesn’t strip it and leaves my scalp feeling nice and balanced.
2. Sisley Pre-Shampoo Purifying Mask – Because my scalp is oily, I have found that doing scalp masks regularly really helps to keep it balanced and my hair looks and feels much healthier. This is a thicker mud-like mask and I apply it to my scalp before I get in the shower (I apply it to dry hair), leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it out.
3. Sisley Restructuring Conditioner – Conditioners and deep conditioners are always products I’m a bit hesitant to try because they can weigh my hair down so easily. However both of the ones I use are so lightweight and nourish my hair and leave it feeling bouncy and weightless. This one is lightweight and makes my hair feel soft and smooth afterwards.
4. Sisley Revitalizing Volumizing Shampoo – The texture of this shampoo is very creamy so it doesn’t foam up too much which I like. It’s a nice shampoo that cleans my hair, gives it some volume and leaves it feeling very hydrated and looking healthy.
5. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask – This is the hair mask that I have been using the longest out of all these products and one that I fell instantly in love with! It’s rich and super nourishing but leaves my hair feeling so bouncy, full and soft afterwards. My ends look so much healthier and overall my hair began looking so much better after I was using this in my routine regularly.
6. Briogeo Scalp Revival Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo – Another Briogeo favorite is this exfoliating shampoo. I use it on wet hair and massage it in. I normally add some water to get it to lather and leave on for 5 minutes. I rinse it out and my scalp is so clean and feels so fresh.
7. Sisley The Radiance Brush – After having Miles, my hair texture really changed and my hair knots so easily especially when I wash it. It’s almost impossible to get a comb through it when wet and detangling it after my shower became a nightmare. Sisley sent me this brush in a press package and I tried it on a whim one day. HOLY MOLY!!! It literally glided through my hair like there was not a single knot. It detangles my hair so gently and easily.
In addition to these products, the two other things I use regularly on my hair are my T3 curling iron and Slip silk scrunchies. Also, I thought I would list how I use these products typically though I don’t really have a set routine, but I do rotate through them regularly.
Sunday: Kerstase Balancing Shampoo, Sisley Restructuring Conditioner
Thursday: Briogeo Scalp Revival, Briogeo Deep Conditioning Mask
Sunday: Sisley Shampoo, Sisley Conditioner
Thursday: Sisley Pre-Shampoo Mask, Sisley Shampoo, Sisley Conditioner
I will typically then just start again with my routine. Like I said, I don’t always follow this order and switch things up from time to time because I like to space out how often I use everything. It takes me so long to find hair products that work for me so this took many months but I am finally in a good routine and feel like everything is working really well for my hair.