I’m forever trying new lipsticks, but if I had to narrow down my collection and pick my favorite shades from each category, these would be it. Here is my lipstick edit:
1. Aerin Rose Balm Lipstick in Pretty – One of the most perfect natural lip colors with a fantastic texture to match.
2. Marc Jacobs Lip Gel in Roleplay– A bit deeper than my regular lips, this works great with neutral eyes and cheeks for a great everyday look.
3. Aerin Rose Balm Lipstick in Coral Sand – I am not typically a fan of light coral shades, but this one manages to make the cut – probably because it has a bit more of a brown undertone to help balance out the orange.
4. Hourglass Opaque Liquid Lipstick in Canvas – I have been wearing this shade for years and it never lets me down. And it is the one color that I always bring with me on vacation – that is probably the biggest compliment a lip color can get.
5. Marc Jacobs Lip Vinyl in Paint It – A raspberry shade that works with just about any look.
6. MAC Ladybug – The one red shade that I find perfect for wearing to the office as well as to dinner. Sheer and buildable, this color would work for almost any skin tone.
7. Armani Rouge Ecstasy in 400 – Everyone is always looking for that “perfect red”, and this is mine. Not too orange, not too blue, it is the essential classic red lipstick everyone needs.
Dark lip shades:
8. Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense in Envoutante – I was a bit hesitant to dive into the world of vampy lip shades, but this one helped me ease my way in. A great texture and not too dark for my pale skin. My fall wardrobe is not complete without this shade.