I’m not a big drinker, so I don’t do pub crawls. But I am
a beauty lover, so a mascara crawl is more in line with my priorities. And that is exactly what I did. Popping in to drugstores here and there picking up a mascara each time to see how they compare to each other and to some of my favorite high end formulas. Now it should be said before we proceed that I prefer a big, bold, daring, in-your-face lash, just so you have a reference. Throughout my trials, I found one or two I liked but nothing that took me permanently away from my holy grails (this one
and this one
are everything in my opinion). But I haven’t tried them all, so I will always continue to shop, browse, try, obsess over…..all in the name of beauty blogging aka beauty delusion. Here is a peek at each mascara and how they looked on my lashes:
1. Revlon Lash Potion
– This gives a nice delicate lash – great length and a separated look. I did however have trouble building this up to the intensity I prefer. I think I would use this as a base mascara and build up another on top. See? I told you…I need drama!
2. Maybelline Falsies Volume Express Flared
– So many people talk about this mascara, but I was quite underwhelmed. It was dark, which I like, but the formula was sticky (for lack of a better term) and it was hard getting a full separated lash. And it smudged in the corners of my eyes. Bummer.
3. Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast
– Short, stubby lashes with no oomph. Not for me unfortunately. I know there are a few different clump crusher/lashblast mascaras so perhaps I got the wrong one, and there is a fantastic one out there that I am missing. If so, let me know. Tweet me @alittlebitetc or leave me a comment below.
4. Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara
– I pulled out the brush and initially thought “Heck, no!” It looked so measly and miniscule I thought there was no way this could make my lashes look like anything, but then I used it and was pleasantly surprised how much drama this little wand created. Lashes looked separated, long, dark and full. I do wish it was a bit more thickening, but I suppose I can layer. *pouts slightly*
5. Loreal Power Volume Black Smoke
– This was my favorite of the bunch – giving me the most dramatic lash. Long, thick, dramatic (I wish it was a tad bit darker, but now I am just being picky), but there was only one major drawback. Flakes, flakes, flakes! It both flaked and smudged and I was so upset. I felt so fierce leaving the house that morning, lashes in full effect, and then after a few hours, I looked like I had been out for a long night of dancing. Flakes, smudges, raccoon eyes.
Have you entered my glowing skin giveaway???!!!! Well you need to. Enter here