I have so many weaknesses – cupcakes, black pugs, a chic pencil skirt and sheer, shiny, my-lip-but-better lip colors. As I always say, when one is good, fifty is better. I’ve been experimenting with bold, dark and vibrant lip colors more this fall but my first instinct when I come upon a cosmetics counter is to go right for the safe zone – peachy, pink colors preferrably in a sheer texture. I love how predictable I am.
My Lip Color But Better
February,07 2014 | Beauty Bits, Chanel, Chantecaille, Cover Girl, Dior, Favorite nude lips, Ilia, Lipstick, Loreal, natural lip color, Sheer lipsticks
I have amassed quite a collection (no surprise to anyone, I’m sure) and here is a run down of all the colors and swatches.
1. Cover Girl Lip Perfection in shade 210 – This was a complete impulse purchase, on a whim, not sure I even really wanted it – but low and behold I am loving this pencil style lip. Easy, quick and can be applied without a mirror.
2. Ilia in Nobody’s Baby – Another shocker out-of-the-gate when I tried this product – it is technically a tinted lip conditioner but the coverage is just like a lipstick. Best of both worlds.
3. Dior Addict in Blush – A bit bolder but still wearable for any occasion – I love this when my eye makeup is a bit lighter and I need a lip to pull it all together. Plus the packaging is sparkly, shiny and mesmerizing. Sold.
4. Chantecaille Lip Chic in Anais – Whoa. Mind blown. I had read reviews of these lipsticks online and darn those Nordstrom reviewers can be so convincing – but thank goodness they were right. These lipsticks are everything – glides on with great coverage and lasts forever, but still manages to be sheer and nourishing on the lips. My lips actually feel they are getting better the longer I wear this. And this color – perfection – seriously. Not too nude, not too pink, not too brown – the best of all worlds.
5. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy – I like this color, I don’t love this color. This has been the first product from Chanel that did not knock my socks off, and I was a tad heartbroken. The color is so sheer it’s almost non-existent, so I tend to use it as a base and layer other colors on top. Oh well – you win some lips, you lose some lips.
6. Chantecaille Lip Chic in Daphne – Yes, the first was so good I had to buy a second. A much more vibrant peach shade, this looks beautiful with a brown smoky eye and bronzed cheek. Summer will be now known as the season of the Daphne lip.
7. Loreal Colour Riche Lip Balm in Nourishing Nude – I stare at these every time I run into the drugstore to get my daily Diet Coke during lunch, and finally snagged one on a particularly stressful day. I threw it on as soon as I got back to my desk and viola! Day made. The color is gorgeous as a rich rose-brown and the texture matches the name – nourishing. Do I need all the other colors? Most definitely I do.
8. Dior Addict Lipstick in LA – Aw man, I was really excited to get another one of these lipsticks and then I ended up buying almost the exact same shade. Womp, womp. But this color is a tad more sheer and shiny so it reads much less intense on the lips so in my mind I have made peace with the purchase.
Shop natural lip colors: