Beauty Bits: Keeping the Pale
July,19 2012 |
Pale is in. Or making a comeback. Or poised to make a comeback. Or perhaps I want to make myself feel better. Fine – being tan is awesome. It makes you look thinner, your skin looks smoother and wearing bright lipstick is a rite of passage. But I don’t tan, I splotch. Splotch is the opposite of looking thinner, skin looking smoother and is an inappropriate palette for a bright lipstick. So really, I have no choice – hence pale is the color du jour. And to preserve the pale and stave off the splotch, I turn to the above products for rescue. I have it all covered and multiple times over – face, body, lips, repeat. The only body part that I do not shield from the sun using a cosmetic product (gasp) is my hair. Is hair a body part? Well – let’s pretend it is for this post. My hair is normally hidden, adorably so, under a hat – fedora not floppy (the subway ain’t the kentucky derby, ya feel me?). The key to my casper like appearance is layering – a body lotion with SPF to moisturize but then a spray for when a mobile touch up is needed. For the face, I run from the multiple choices in favor of one product that can protect and hydrate. Often I finish the face with a foundation, tinted moisturizer or powder that also has SPF, but I can ramble on about that another time. Let’s stick to the matter at hand. And let’s get a little intro on each product, shall we?
1. Dior Lip Glow with SPF – this is a clear lip balm that enhances the natural color of your lips, with
2. Olay All Day Moisturizer SPF 15 – oldie but a goodie. SUPER lightweight and all around good
3. Julep Daylight Defense – I professed my love for this in my June favorites – it smells like oranges,
melts right into the skin and goes great under makeup.
4. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock – great mobile product and beach necessity. Not
super sticky like some I have tried.
5. Kiehl’s Creme De Corps Lightweight Body Lotion with SPF – this is part of their iconic Creme de
Corps line so you know it’s bound to be good. And it is.
6. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer with SPF – another alternative to a day time moisturizer under
makeup. Lightweight, blends easily, feels good on skin, blah, blah, blah. Just buy it.