New In And Loving: Bluemercury M-61, Nest Fragrances, Guerlain and Laura Mercier
April,25 2014 | Beauty Bits, Eye Shadow, Foundation, Fragrance, Guerlain, Highlighters, Laura Mercier, M-61, Nest Fragrances, Peels, Skincare
Some days I feel like I am just going to explode with excitement for products – it’s like I am still 6 years old. Too much good stuff not to share my thoughts, and these few items are new to my collection but first impressions are already knocking my socks off. A little skincare, a little makeup and a little fragrance – a complete trifecta of products I am loving right now.
1. Nest Fragrances in the scents Paradise and Indigo* – If you follow my blog, you know I am a Nest fanatic. I love the candles and the personal fragrances (this one being a holy grail fragrance), and once again they hit a home run with their two newest fragrances Paradise and Indigo, now available at Sephora. Paradise smells exactly as the bottle looks – bright, vibrant and citrusy with notes of blood orange, white ginger and cedarwood. It’s delicate and fresh for the summer. Indigo on the other hand was a bit darker, moodier but with a sweetness that I simply adore! Wild fig, bergamot, and black cardamom come together to create a scent that is as perfect for day as it is for night. Frankly, I keep them both side by side and do eenie meenie minie mo each morning to decide. I am the picture of sophistication.
2. M-61 Power Glow Peel* – What happened to that top layer of skin? Oh, the M-61 Power Glow Peel took it away forever!!!! OMG! And what was left was baby soft, glowing, radiant, and gorgeous skin. People have been telling me on Instagram (over and over actually) that I need to try this product. Alright already! So I have. And welp…..it’s awesome. Instagram was not lying to me. Formulated with salicylic and glycolic acid, these pads give a strong exfoliation, but surprisingly also help to calm and soothe. I would recommend starting with once a week to see how you do and then build up from there. But watch out, you may not be able to turn back. Your wallet has been warned.
3. Guerlain Lingerie de Peau – I have a developed a love/hate relationship with this foundation. On one hand, it wears beautifully on the skin. Truly one of the most flawless foundations I have ever used on my face. That being said…..the only caveat is it oxidizes. Quite deeply I might add. But I was too in love with it to give up, so I decreased the amount I use (because a little can go a long way) and it has solved most of the problem. I don’t use bronzer on the days I wear this so as not to add fuel (aka color) to the fire (aka my face). But I just can’t quit the finish….so stunning. A satin like finish that makes my skin look like it has been airbrushed. And no pulling on dry patches, settling into fine lines or creeping into my pores. It knows better than that.
4. Laura Mercier Baked Eye Shadow Quad in Rendezvous in Monte Carlo* – Part of the new summer 2014 collection, this quad has been on my eyes almost every day since I received it. The colors blend so well together and they wear for-ev-er. Each shade can be worn dry or wet, though I prefer to wear the lighter shades dry and then wet the dark plum/brown shade to use as a liner. When done, I’m pretty sure my eyes look better than your eyes. (ok, ok, I know it’s not a competition. sorry)
5. Laura Mercier Sheer Creme Glow* – Golden pink highlighted cheeks is on the menu for this summer. The finish of this new Laura Mercier summer 2014 cream blush is divine and looks gorgeous tapped on the cheekbones for glowing, fresh, ‘I just woke up like this’ skin. Yes, your summer self needs this. No, your cheekbones won’t survive without it.
* press sample
Beauty Bits, Chantecaille, Cleansers, First Aid Beauty, Glycolic Acid, Mario Badescu, Masks, Murad, Revive, Serums, Skincare | April 21, 2014
One of my goals this year was to develop a better understanding of skincare ingredients. Yes I love skincare. Yes I love using a ton of different