It’s been a long time since my last food diary so I thought it would be fun to do another one. I’ve actually been cooking a lot more at home and am finding quick and easy things to make for lunch especially. My breakfast has been the same for as long as I can remember because it helps keep me full until lunchtime. Dinner is mostly eaten at home though sometimes I will pick up takeout if I’m feeling super lazy. I didn’t list water in the below list but I try to fill up my Hydro Flask three times a day. Here’s a run down of a recent day for me (though this is pretty typical for what I eat most days):
- 16 oz. of celery juice when I wake up
- Oatmeal with almond butter and honey (I also sprinkle this wild blueberry powder on top)
- 1 bottle of GTS Kombucha
- Coffee with oat milk and stevia
- Zucchini spirals with tomato sauce, chicken sausage and goat cheese sprinkled on top – I have a spiralizer so I can make my own zucchini spirals or I buy them already pre-packaged at Wegman’s. I simply cook it in the pan with a bit of olive oil and tomato sauce. Add the chicken sausage and sprinkle goat cheese crumbles at the end.
- Raw Rev Glo protein bar – I don’t always have a snack in the afternoon but today I was hungry and have been loving these bars.
- Cauliflower crust pizza (from Trader Joe’s) with tomato sauce, roasted broccoli, fresh mozzarella, garlic and basil. I normally have 2-3 slices of the pizza.
Dessert (I eat dessert every single day because I LOVE sweets)
- A few squares of Lily’s Sea Salt & Caramel Chocolate bar
- One bag of Smart Sweets Peach Rings (I have to have these always! They are delicious)
That’s it! That’s my food diary for the day and to be honest, it looks very similar to this most days. I’m a creature of habit and tend to eat the same types of foods and stick with what works for me. I am very adventurous when I go out to eat, but when I’m at home I keep things simple and go heavy on the veggies/proteins and light on carbs.