CBD seems to be everywhere now and steadily growing in popularity. I was intrigued to try it as I heard it was great at helping with a myriad of symptoms especially anxiety (which I was specifically trying to address). I tried a few different brands and forms (mainly gummies and supplements) and didn’t see much change. However, there are so many different formulas out there so I kept searching for one that may help. A girlfriend of mine recommended I try Wander
after she had great results with it. I ordered the 200 mg oil
to start with and didn’t see much change initially. However, it was after I had been taking it daily for almost two weeks that I realized how much calmer I was feeling and rarely had any intense anxiety symptoms. I also have PMDD (a more difficult form of PMS) and the time before my period and often before ovulation can be wrought with strong mood swings and debilitating anxiety. After taking the CBD oil, I noticed that my mood was more stable and my anxiety was extremely low, and nothing else had changed in my diet except for adding the CBD oil. I kept using it and noticed that I continued to have the same results. I then tried the 500mg
oil and I continue to feel much more calm and less anxious.
After posting about the oil on my insta-stories, the Wander brand
reached out to me and asked if I wanted to meet to learn more about CBD and their company. I said I did and was blown away after our meeting by their knowledge about CBD and their commitment to creating such a high quality product. I asked if they would be willing to answer questions from my readers about CBD and they graciously said they would love to. I am sharing all those questions and answers in today’s post.
I should mention that many of their answers pertain to their own products’ efficacy and quality. They cannot speak to every and all CBD products you purchase in the market. Because it is a rapidly growing industry, not all CBD products may be manufactured in the same manner and therefore results or side effects may vary. My biggest question/concern about CBD was my fear that it would make me “high” or alter my consciousness. The founders of Wander
shared with me that THC is the ingredient/compound which is responsible for making someone “high” (what people typically associate with smoking marijuana). There are CBD formulas with THC and CBD formulas without THC. Their formulas are all THC-free which made me feel much more comfortable about taking them. After using the oil for the past few months, I am amazed at how I feel and how much it has helped me.
Below are the questions submitted by my readers and Wander’s answers to each:
1. How do you know the concentration you should buy? We recommend the 500mg for first time buyers. One full dropper will give you a dose that is approximately 10mg – our recommended beginning dose.
2. Is it safe for pregnant and nursing women? CBD first gained attention for use with young children who had epilepsy. We have plenty of pregnant customers that use our CBD products throughout their pregnancy, however you should always check with your doctor to determine if it is right for you. We also cannot speak to other CBD formulas out in the market and its safety during pregnancy.
3. Would this pass a government job drug test? We cannot guarantee that any CBD product you try would pass a government job drug test since there are so many different kinds out there in the market. Our product is 100% THC free and we can verify that. We chose to make a 100% THC free product so that government workers can take advantage of the benefits of CBD.
4. I clench my teeth and hold lots of tension in my jaw – can CBD relax my jaw and lower stress? CBD is wonderful for lowering stress and relieving anxiety. I cannot speak for the clenched jaw but I imagine by relieving some of your stress, it would definitely help with the clenched jaw.
5. How long after you take it should you begin to see results or effects? You can begin to feel the initial effects 10-15 minutes after taking your dose in normal circumstances, provided that you know your dose. We see full effects coming on between 30-45 minutes after.
6. How long does it stay in your system where it’s still effective? It can last from 2-6 hours, depending on your metabolism. The beauty of CBD is that the side effects are virtually non-existent. You can take as much or as little as you like.
7. How often can it be taken and how much can be taken each time? It can be taken as often as needed. I would recommend starting with our standard dosing – 10mg (one dropper full).
8. Will it help with morning sickness? It can since it has potent anti-nausea and anti-headache properties. We have replaced Advil with our CBD formula at the Wander offices. However, as always please check with your doctor before taking.
9. Is the product full spectrum and do you have certifications to prove it? Our product is THC-free. We combine CBD with excellent essential oils to enhance the efficacy of the CBD. And yes, we have COAs on every ingredient we use, along with COAs on our products.
10. Does it help with sleep? YES! Roughly 60% of our customers have reported that their sleep has improved tremendously.
11. What if any are the side effects? There are very minimal side effects. The most common is if you take too much you get a little groggy and sleepy. It would take quite a large dose however to make you feel that way (roughly 100mg at one time which is roughly 11 droppers full of our 500mg CBD oil, or 6 droppers full of our 1000mg CBD oil).
12. How do you use it? Do you just drop it on the tongue? You can administer CBD orally. Just a drop on the tongue on an empty stomach will help brighten your day!
13. I am allergic to trees, pollen, grass, weed and nuts – can I take CBD? We do not know of any allergic reaction to CBD. The ingredients in our all purpose CBD oil are as follows: cold pressed sunflower oil, fractionated coconut oil, lavender, grapefruit, lemon and CBD. I would recommend you speak to your doctor before trying to ensure that you are not allergic to any of these ingredients.
14. Is it safe for my pets? And if so, how do I administer it? CBD is phenomenal for pets. You can take some oil and put it on a dog treat or put it on their food.
15. Does it show up in bloodwork? CBD is not commonly tested for in bloodwork unless explicitly asked for. I would check with your doctor regarding the type of blood test you are getting and whether they believe it will show up or not.
If you have any additional questions, either email them to me (email@example.com) or leave me a comment below and I will update this post with the answers.
Shop Wander’s entire line of products here