For those of you that are new to reading my blog, I thought I would give a quick explanation of my Friday Finds posts
. In short, they are a random mash up of all my favorite finds. I have an entire folder in my phone dedicated to screenshots of things I am interested in and finally decided one day to begin putting them into a post. It could be a show, recipe, fashion item, beauty product, home decor piece – basically anything that catches my attention or that I’ve been loving. I wasn’t sure these posts would be something people would want to read, but surprisingly they quickly became my most popular posts! Ha! I’m so happy that all of you love these random things as much as I do. Here are my finds from the past two weeks:
1. It’s been awhile since I’ve listened to a good podcast, but I have two that I am currently enjoying – The Shrink Next Door and 22 Hours: An American Nightmare.
2. I recently tried to get into Black Mirror on Netflix and just couldn’t do it. So I was browsing around and came across a new release called When They See Us. It’s about the five men wrongfully convicted in the Central Park jogger case years ago. It’s a heartbreaking story made even more devastating by the fact that it’s true. It’s an emotional four part series but definitely worth watching.
3. I don’t have a very green thumb so I am always on the hunt for fake trees and plants that look real. I’ve heard great things about this (faux) olive tree
and am thinking about getting it for my deck.
4. I never remember to charge my phone overnight so I’m thinking about getting this portable charger
which my girlfriend recommended to me.
5. You know you are an adult when you pin food storage containers
(but seriously – this nine piece set looks perfect for meal prepping!).
6. I’m always on the hunt for a good pair of joggers – I love the look of these
(and the price point is so good).
7. Straw bags are not something I normally splurge on, but there is something about this Loewe one
that makes me consider it. I’ve had my eye on it for years!
8. If you don’t want to spend that much on a summer bag, I just came across this one
that is under $100 and I love the structured shape and round handle.
11. A new addition
to the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair range!! This one
is formulated to calm and soothe irritated skin overnight.
12. I’m a huge fan of the Elemis Pro-Collagen range and they just added this mask
to the collection. As someone that loves anything hydrating, it sounds right up my alley!