Deciding which beauty products to bring for vacation is almost as stressful as deciding what clothes to pack. Ok, it is as stressful, if not more. Typically I over pack when it comes to makeup and skincare, but this time I actually pared down and tried to keep it manageable. And if you can believe it, I actually forgot some things! I guess it gives me a reason to go on vacation again.
1. Lancome Eye Palette (similar here
) – This was a limited edition Alber Elbaz palette and is perfect for creating just about any eye look I can think of – neutral, subtle, bold, or smokey.
3. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
– A deep cleansing cleanser is a necessity on a beach trip to help remove all the sunscreen, salt and sweat after a long day at the beach. Ewww.
4. Dior Addict Lipstick in Blush
– The perfect ‘my lip color but better’ shade that I threw on every chance I got. It is lightweight and smooth on the lips.
5. Lancer Eye Contour Lifting Cream
– I needed an eye cream to pack and I had a sample of this so I just threw it in. Boy was it a lifesaver. It was super hydrating and nourishing under the eyes and after a long day in the sun, it was just what I needed.
8. Hourglass Panoramic Long Wear Lip Liner in Muse
– A tropical vacation is not complete without a bright lip color, and this Hourglass matte liner in Muse is stunning.The vibrant coral shade looks great with makeup or even with a bare face at the beach.
9. Bite Beauty Lipstick in Fig
– I brought this because I am never without a Bite Beauty lip color, but the truth is I never ended up wearing it.
10. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
– If I can only bring one concealer with me, this will always be my pick. It’s perfect for under the eyes or to use as a foundation in a pinch.
11. Colgate Toothpaste – Toothpaste because duh, I need to brush my teeth.
14. Temptu Loose Powder – A quick dusting over my Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation and I was good to go.
15. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer
– I used this each morning as my day moisturizer because it’s lightweight, soothing and cooling after you have a bit of a sunburn.
16. NEST Fragrances in Paradise
– A spicy citrus-y scent was exactly the way I wanted to smell at the beach. And it didn’t hurt that the name and bottle design was perfect for my tropical locale.
17. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
– I used this each morning to wake up my skin. It’s refreshing and great whether my skin is feeling dry or oily.
20. m-61 Power Cleanse
– I always need to bring a cleanser that helps me fight acne just in case I get a breakout (which I did).
21. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 30
– This sunscreen is one of my favorites because it doesn’t make my skin feel sticky or tacky. However, it was not strong enough for me, and I had to pick up a SPF 50 at the hotel during our stay.
23. Fresh Beauty Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream
– Please, please, please bring this with you on any beach vacation – it will save your skin! I used this each night after I washed my face and it immediately soothed any irritated skin I had.
25-26. Pantene Medium Thick Shampoo and Conditioner
– I will never bring any other shampoo other than Pantene with me when I travel. It always
gives me good hair, and that is the last thing I want to worry about when traveling.
27. By Terry Aqua Print Eyeshadow in Blue Fiesta
– This color is wayyy out of my comfort zone, but it is absolutely stunning. I ended up mixing it with the dark brown in my Lancome palette and using it as an eye liner. Get ready to see this on me regularly.
28. YSL Faux Cils Mascara
– This was better in theory than reality. I only need one mascara, and didn’t end up using this.
29. Perricone No Foundation Foundation
– I just did a full review of this foundation earlier this week (read it here
), but it was an absolute must that I bring this with me on vacation. It is lightweight, blends right in and feels like I am not wearing anything. Easy to apply with my fingers or a brush – this is a perfect travel foundation.
A few things I learned from this trip: the amount of makeup I packed was just enough (I hardly wear it anyways), I should have brought an after sun spray (something to soothe my sun poisoning – yes sun poisoning, ugh), a body exfoliator is a must next time, more sunscreen varieties would have been used, and a cleansing oil should always be with me (I feel silly for neglecting to bring one – it’s my favorite product ever).
Do you over pack beauty products for vacation? What is your secret to successfully packing only what you need? Share your tips in the comments below!