4. Nuance by Salma Hayek Nourishing Hair Mask – Though my scalp is oily, my ends are dry, dry, dry! This is most likely due to the amount of heat styling that it goes through, so a deep conditioning mask is a must. Many deep conditioning masks however, can be a nightmare for those with oily hair. It can leave the hair limp and greasy (I know this from tons of experience) and make it almost impossible to get a decent blowout because the strands are too slick. After just one use of this Nourishing Hair Mask, I could see a difference. My hair looks nourished, soft yet still bouncy. I typically only focus on the ends when applying, but can get away with using over my entire hair without weighing my hair down.
My Current Hair Care Routine
October,13 2015 | Beauty Bits, Bumble and Bumble, Christophe Robin, Hair products, Nuance by Salma Hayek, Oribe
I am all about variety and change when it comes to my skincare and makeup routine, but I am not as versatile with my hair routine. My hair texture has changed significantly this past year due to some steroid injections I had to have in my neck, so it has been a challenge determining what products would work. I plan to have a hair straightening treatment done in November, so this line-up may change after that, but for now here are the products I use regularly on my hair.
1. Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Heat Protective Primer – Since I use a lot of heat on my hair, both blowing it out and curling it, I need a heat protectant spray. But the bonus with this is that it also helps to smooth the hair and reduce frizz. It’s incredibly lightweight and leaves my hair shiny and healthy looking. I spray it on my hair when it is damp and then style as usual.
2. Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil – For the extra humid days either in the summer, on vacation or when it’s raining, I need an extra boost of smoothing for my hair. This Invisible Oil from Bumble and Bumble is truly invisible. Being that I have an oily scalp that can get greasy very easily, I have rarely if ever found a hair oil that works for me. That was until I tried this. I use only one small pump on damp or dry hair to help smooth and minimize frizz, and surprisingly it does not weigh my hair down at all.
3. Christophe Robin Hair Purifying Lotion – I’ve said before many times that I am not the biggest fan of dry shampoo. I have tried a few here and there, but on the whole it only serves to make my hair feel dirtier and leads to a ton of build-up with my oily scalp. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this finishing lotion, but as soon as I saw that it had vinegar in it, I had a feeling it would work well. I spray it directly onto my scalp and roots on the days I don’t wash my hair, and it helps to balance my scalp, make it feel fresh and clean and evaporates almost immediately. An added bonus that I wasn’t prepared for was how voluminous it makes my roots and adds a nice bit of “oomph” to my second (and sometimes third and fourth) day hair.
6. Oribe Signature Shampoo (bottom swatch above) – Though I only wash my hair 2-3x/wk, I need a shampoo that is consistently good and removes any build-up while still leaving my hair clean and soft. This Oribe Signature Shampoo gives a good lather but not too much where it dries out my scalp. I get out of the shower and my hair always feel fresh and weightless though the strands look smooth and shiny. The only challenge is that my hair can get a bit tangled when using it, so I always need to use a conditioner after.
7. Oribe Signature Conditioner (top swatch above) – Since I use a deep conditioner once a week, I need my regular conditioner to provide just enough moisture without weighing my hair down. This Signature Conditioner helps to detangle my hair, condition it, yet it never leaves my scalp greasy or unbalanced. I struggled with a flaky scalp for the past year and this shampoo and conditioner duo has really helped to reduce that significantly. My scalp is more balanced and my hair looks healthier.
*pr samples included