Beauty Bits: The Eyes Have It
August,15 2012 |
No, your eyes are not deceiving you – I currently have 6 mascaras in my makeup rotation. Why have one when you can have six? Or seven? Or ten? Technically, it is research for my blog, as I selflessly must sacrifice my face, lashes, skin and body for any sartorial and beauty questions that my readers may have. So if you sit on that and let it marinate – you could deduce that I need to do this for the greater good of mankind. It’s actually quite surprising I have not been canonized yet – all in due time my friends, all in due time. A Little Bit etc – the patron saint of blogging, kinda has a nice ring to it, ya know? Now, where was I? Lashes – yes! I tend to prefer quite thick, full and dramatic lashes, so I am always drawn to a denser formula with a brush that resembles an angry porcupine. Given the opportunity to try subtle, more natural looking formulas recently, I have quickly come to appreciate the need for a mascara wardrobe – since not every day can be a stiletto, little black dress, glam fest. (still pouting over that fact) Variety is the spice of life – why shouldn’t this apply to mascaras? It should, and it does for me – case in point:
1. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill – this has to be my favorite mascara currently – as the brush is incredibly porcupiney (yes, I just made it a word), and the formula dances between thick without being too thick and wet without being too wet. It’s the goldilocks of my mascaras. Just right.
2. Eyeko London Curvy Brush Mascara – I reviewed this on ThisThatBeauty some time ago, and fell in love with the delicate nature of this product. Used as a base or on its own, it does a tremendous job of lengthening, separating and curling. The Brits obviously know their mascara.
3. YSL Mascara Singulier – once again a shocker for the eyes – intense volume, jet black and great at grabbing even the tiniest of lashes and coating them with mascara – how nice to include everyone. A mascara that cares.
4.Votre Vu Eiffel Power Mascara – the pun in the name gets me every time *giggling*. A volumizing style brush, but a slightly lighter formula. The result is often full, separated lashes without any added drama. I appreciate a look with dialed down drama. And I appreciate alliteration.
5. Lancome Hypnose Drama – it must be said that this was my first Lancome mascara ever purchased, (hanging head in shame) but it certainly won’t be my last. Great brush, great formula, great look – big, bold and dramatic. Cue Angelina Jolie’s right leg. Boom.
6. Maybelline Colossal Volume Express – sounds like a train that I wanna ride. Again – full lashes with lots of drama. Alllll aboard?!
You know where there are also tons of cool makeup pics – my INSTAGRAM! Get on that and follow me – I’m @alittlebitetc, duh. There have been rumors that the most adorable black pug is also featured on my feed – but you would have to check it out for yourself. I’m not one to gossip.