It's still quite hot here during the day, so I am slowly inching my way into fall clothes in the late afternoon/evening. I recently purchased these ankle boots and am so impressed by the quality. They are my first pair of Sam Edelman shoes, but the shape and style make them look like a much more expensive pair of designer boots. In fact, they look very much like this pair which is almost 4 times the price! I don't always buy inexpensive pieces of clothing or shoes just because it's a good deal - I want to feel like no matter how little I am spending, the look and style is there that I want. No use in having a closet full of inexpensive pieces if everything has a cheap look to it or doesn't hold up well over time. I can justify splurging on designer things because I research my purchases quite thoroughly, but a less expensive item can trigger an impulse spend and impulsive "cheap" spends can add up over time. Sometimes they can add up to that designer piece I had initially wanted!
Well that's enough on my budgeting theories, I just ordered three more books for my Kindle and am continuing my reading frenzy. LOL I am working my way through this book, and have this one and this one waiting for me. I am also contemplating renewing our Netflix subscription so I can watch Narcos and Stranger Things because I hear everyone raving about them. Ugh. I am so easily influenced by hype. Ha!
After falling in love with my new Sam Edelman boots, I rounded up a bunch of other styles that I adore from the brand. Scroll through the widget below for all my picks!
I know I am late to this party and it seems hard to believe, but I have never tried Estee Lauder's long standing best seller - Advanced Night Repair. Since it launched many years ago, the range has been expanded upon, most recently with a PowerFoil Mask, Ampoules and a Cleansing Balm. Here are my thoughts on each:
1. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask - I use sheet masks multiple times a week, so this PowerFoil mask appealed to me immediately. It comes in two parts - one for the top of the face and one for the bottom. They are soaked in the Advanced Night Repair concentrate along with Hyaluronic Acid to intensify the moisture that this mask delivers. My skin looked brighter and immediately more hydrated after, and a little secret: there is a ton of serum left in the packet so I held onto it and used it for the next 6 nights! Such a great way to extend the mask and really get your money's worth.
2. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Intensive Recovery Ampoules - These ampoules take the benefits of the standard Advanced Night Repair and intensify it! The formula is a bit thicker and the tiny ampoule is enough to cover my entire face, neck, decollete and even the hands. While my skin is typically combination, I can get dry spots here and there often due to breakouts or hormonal imbalances. The serum in the ampoule immediately took away my dry patches and calmed my skin. Especially after using it for a week or two, I was able to see faster healing of my old acne spots (I am forever healing one when another pops up) and a fading of any dark spots as a result.
3. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - Finally! I can call myself a member of the Advanced Night Repair club! (there isn't a club, but in my mind I feel like there is LOL) Within the first week of using this, I could notice a difference. However, like many of my all-time favorite skincare items that I have gone through countless bottles of (this serum and this serum are two examples), it was hard to pinpoint exactly what I was loving about the formula. My skin looks even, smooth, less red, hydrated, breakouts are scarce if not completely gone - basically my face looks consistently great every day. I'm on month two of the trial of this product and I took myself off it to test something else and within a day of going back on the ANR, my skin went right back to it's happy self. It's too soon to make this statement, but I suspect this will fall into my category of products that I always have on hand. The ones that never disappoint, always perform well and that my skin responds the best to when using regularly.
4. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Balm - Naturally I had to try the cleansing balm when I realized one had been released for this range. Cleansers are my weakness. The texture is much harder and more dense than other cleansing balms in my collection, and is initially not as greasy or oily. However, as soon as I begin to massage it into my face and it breaks down, it turns to a lightweight oil that removes every last stitch of makeup! Every. Last. Bit. There is no feeling of residue left on the skin, and I have even skipped my second cleansing step a few times with this balm because it is so effective. Only a small amount is needed, but it can really cut through a full face of makeup and sunscreen effortlessly. I am already contemplating a repurchase of this during the Sephora VIB sale later this year so I can ensure I have a backup.
Have you tried Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair? What are your thoughts?
Fall is dragging its feet, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to push the envelope. Lightweight jackets are one of my favorite ways to transition from summer to fall, because I can wear them with a tank top underneath like I did above so as not to overheat if it's still sweltering out. (ok so I mainly will wear the jacket inside on those days because A/C #brrrr) The bomber jacket is a trend that came on strong and fast this season, and they are so many cute styles and varieties out there. I like how a jacket can be the entire focal point of an outfit, with minimal styling needed to create a complete look. A simple white tank, denim skirt and sneakers was all this cute embroidered jacket needed and I can see this worn into late fall with a turtleneck and jeans or a sweater dress. I rounded up 20 more of my favorite bomber jacket styles at all price points in the widget below!
We are settling more and more into the new house every day, and for the first week we did not have internet so I went on a book reading frenzy! LOL I have and am still continuing to read so many great books so I figured I would share my favorites. I love thrillers and suspense novels - nothing that takes too long to get into, and these kept my attention so well.
1. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - duh. This one is a book everyone is talking about and I finally got around to reading it.