It’s the best time of the year. No, it’s not the holiday season – it is the Sephora Beauty Insider Spring Beauty Bonus Event
!! For all my fellow beauty lovers, we look forward to this event twice a year. All Sephora beauty insider members can now shop the event
from today until May 6th and the offer can be redeemed for unlimited use both in store and online. But before you shop your heart out, I have to share what I purchased from the event because it was a very
successful haul and I have a bunch of amazing recommendations. If you are not a Sephora beauty insider member yet, you can learn more about the program and sign up here
. For reference, the details and codes of the offer are below:
- Rouge members get 20% off purchases in store and online with code: HEYROUGE
- VIB members get 15% off purchases in store and online with code: HEYVIB
- Beauty Insider members get 10% off purchases in store and online with code: HEYINSIDER
And now onto the good stuff – what I purchased and my thoughts on each product:
1. Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer
– I’ve fallen in love with so many of Tatcha’s new launches recently (this cream
and this serum
being my two of my most recent discoveries), and the Silk Canvas Primer has been on my list to try. I finally decided to pick it up and after trying it, I am mad it took me this long to discover this beauty! I use it after my SPF but before my foundation and love how smooth it makes my skin look. It immediately blurs imperfections, minimizes the look of pores and makes my foundation look flawless. (note: only 3 Tatcha products can be purchased per promotion code)
2. Sunday Riley C.E.O Oil
– The Sunday Riley C.E.O serum
is one of my most loved vitamin c serums, so I had a feeling I would love the face oil too. Since I just purchased it, I can’t speak to it’s long term results yet but how it feels and absorbs into my skin is exactly what I want when using a face oil. I only need 2-3 drops to cover my entire face (less is more with this oil), and find that it instantly absorbs leaving my skin feeling bouncy and moisturized. I use a vitamin c serum every day under my makeup and love that I can add a vitamin c oil to my evening routine. Vitamin C really helps to brighten my skin which is why I continuously have it in my skincare line-up.
3. Fenty Bronzer Sun Stalk’r Bronzer in Inda Sun
– This was hands down my favorite item from the entire haul. THIS BRONZER IS AMAZING! I’ve seen so much buzz about it on social media and the hype sucked me in. But thank goodness it did because the formula is stunning. The color is perfection on my skin and gives me a golden finish without being too brown or orange. The powder is finely milled and glides on the skin smoothly leaving a soft matte finish. It’s so lightweight that I don’t have to worry about applying too much and can build it up to my desired intensity. I highly recommend trying this if you are looking for a new bronzer!
4. Pat McGrath Labs Eyedols Eyeshadow in Celestial
– There are two things I can’t resist when buying new makeup – a new coral/nude lip color (scroll down to see that I checked that off the list) and a nude shimmer eyeshadow. I was researching the swatches for this range online to see which one I wanted to try and settled on Celestial which is a beautiful champagne shade. The formula is so smooth that it almost feels like a cream and applies effortlessly across the lid with absolutely no fallout. I am wearing it in the above photos and love how it gives my lids a soft glow without appearing too sparkly. This is a great everyday eyeshadow shade!
5. Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne
– I was visiting a girlfriend recently who has this cologne and I spritzed a small amount onto my wrists and could not stop smelling myself all day long! Ha! It’s fresh and floral with hints of rose, jasmine and peony but the red apple notes add a sweetness that is so lovely. It’s the perfect scent for spring and summer and lasts all day long on me.
6. La Mer Cleansing Oil
– I haven’t tried many La Mer products before, but the Cleansing Oil has been on my wish list for a long time so I finally decided to check it off. It’s a medium weight cleansing oil and the texture is super smooth and silky The true test for me with a cleansing oil is how it removes makeup, and this removed every last trace. Success! I apply it to a dry face with dry hands and break down my makeup. After that I add warm water and the oil turns to a soft milk. Afterwards, my skin felt soft, smooth and incredibly moisturized.
7. Tom Ford Lip Color Sheer in Carriacou
– A Sephora haul is not complete without a new lip color, amiright?! I love to wear bright coral shades in the summer and this one by Tom Ford is just
bright enough. The formula is sheer though it still gives amazing coverage and the color is exactly the shade of coral that I prefer – not too orange and not too bold. It brightens up my face immediately and looks good with almost any neutral eye I wear with it.
8. Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3
– With all the heat styling that I do to my hair, I wanted an intense repair treatment since my ends have been looking so dry lately. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about the entire Olaplex line
and thought I would finally try the Hair Perfector. I’ve only had the chance to use it once, but just that one time immediately impressed me! My hair felt less dry, less brittle and looked bouncy and shiny. It didn’t weigh my hair down and my roots had so much volume after. It’s recommended to use once a week so I think I am going to stick with that for now, and maybe increase to twice a week during the summer when my hair will need the extra nourishment from being out in the sun.
What did you buy or are planning to buy from the event? Let me know!!
Thanks to Sephora for sponsoring this post!