Another month gone by, another pile of beauty favorites. A little less skincare heavy this month, but I will never stray too far so DO NOT WORRY. But the makeup products that made the cut are amazing in their own right and introduced me to brands I had not yet tried. So everyone wins. Your eyes for reading and my face for wearing, yes?
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Dollface – The bloggers be talking bout these blushes! I cannot view an Instagram feed or watch a beauty Youtube video without someone praising the Amazonian Clay blushes. So I, being the beauty lemming I am, had to follow suit – in the perfect baby pink shade no less. And yes, I am here to announce, they are THAT great. Super long wearing, easy to blend and richly pigmented. Band. Wagon.
2. Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow Prelude – The mornings are simply too early for me to have to put an eye look together with single shadows – hence why I gravitate towards palettes. The work has been done for me and all I have to do is slap it on my peepers. And this being my first foray into Chanel eye shadows (ugh, I KNOW, I’m so ashamed), I am here to say that they are glorious. Not to mention this color palette is the most perfect combination for both day and evening. My crease has never been so happy – proof here.
3. Burberry Blush Light Glow Natural Blush in 06 Tangerine Blush – It began with the Sheer Concealer in 01, and has been growing exponentially from there. Burberry cosmetics are the jam – you heard it here first. (ok probably not, but I needed some emphasis there – blogger liberties!) And this blush, when paired with the aforementioned Chanel palette of my dreams, creates my ideal makeup look. A quick dusting of this blush imparts a subtle warm glow on the cheeks – appropriate for day or night and buildable if necessary.
4. Burberry Soft Satin Lipstick in Cameo Pink – Again drinking that Burberry Kool-Aid, I simply cannot pass up a nude lip. My lips only better is how I would describe this shade. And the texture? Like butta. Coming soon – Hoarding: Buried Alive – Burberry Lipsticks edition.
5. Nest Fragrances Candles in Periwinkle Hyacinth and After Midnight One O’Clock – Candles again???? Yup. When I find a brand I love, I am loyal, annnnnnnnd need to share the good news with every single person I know – lucky you! A candle is just a candle until you try one that turns your apartment into a delight for the olfactory senses. Both scents are extremely different (Periwinkle – soft and floral, After Midnight – sexy and sultry), but what stands out most is how delicate the scent dissipates throughout the room. Never too overwhelming but enough to make the entire room (or apartment in my case) smell divine. And p.s. they burn for approximately 13 years, 6 months, and 7 days, AKA for-ev-er.
6. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque – An oldie but a goodie – this product is great for my stubborn breakouts and “adult hormonal skin” (<—- What does that even mean???). Used 1x-2x/week, after cleansing/toning but before moisturizing/seruming, and my pores are clean and happy. Happy skin = happy Maree.
7. SKII Facial Treatment Clear Lotion – Working my way up to their famed Essence, I figured I would give this a try as I can never have too many toners (yes I can, but as you know, I WON’T LISTEN). Designed to help exfoliate and improve skin texture and tone, we can call this my gateway product – since after loving the way my skin felt and looked after, I am sure a SK II obsession is not far behind.
8. Liz Earle Cleans and Polish – Warning, warning – Holy Grail product ahead! It’s been a hot minute since I last purchased this, due to it’s availability only in the UK, but with the power of the interwebs – it is back in my beauty obsessed little hands. Amazing cleanser is an understatement – this is a product that I go back to time and time again as my security blanket for great skin. I use with hot water and the accompanying muslin cloth, and my makeup slides off effortlessly leaving my skin feeling soothed and hydrated. Cheers!
9. Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser (c/o) – It’s rare that I let a foaming cleanser close to my face – as they often leave my skin feeling tight and stripped. So upon first trying this cleanser, I was shocked at how clean but hydrated my skin felt. Cue surprised face. I typically use during times of breakouts or misbehaving skin, and it gives me a deep clean while breaking down any funny business that may be going on in my pores. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Speaking of favorites – have you entered my newest giveaway???? It’s a good one.