One of Ulta’s
biggest beauty events of the year is currently happening now – their 21 Days of Beauty
! Each day there are a select group of products that are 50% off, as well as new releases
and tons of exclusive offers
throughout the entire 21 days. Here is the list
of all the remaining days of the event and what the “beauty steals” are for each day.
In addition to the beauty steals, there are a ton of other new releases and great spring buys to check out (though not all are part of the promotion). Here are a few I recently picked up and my thoughts on each:
1. Tarte Face Tape Foundation
– This was the first display I saw when I walked into the store, and I am a sucker for a new foundation so I immediately grabbed the shade 12N Fair Neutral to try. It is a full coverage foundation which I enjoy though I only needed a small amount to cover my entire face. The finish is matte and slightly velvety and the formula is incredibly long-wearing! It lasted all day and still looked great after 8+ hours, and I had little to no oil breakthrough in my t-zone. I think this is going to be a great foundation to wear for the warmer months.
2. Tarte Cake Butter Whipped Body Butter
– This newly launched body butter (though not part of the 21 Days promotion) was a major impulse buy for me as I was walking by the Tarte display. I love sweet fragrances and this smelled just like cake. LOL The texture is a lightweight gel cream and absorbs right into the skin. I have been wearing it alone as my fragrance and find that it isn’t too overpowering and the sugary scent is just enough.
3. Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara
– Another impulse buy that was on the counter as I was checking out (I need to wear a blindfold while waiting to pay). I have tried this formula before and liked it, however I don’t know if they changed anything about it but I changed my like to LOVE! The brush is fluffy and grabs every last lash, the color is a dark inky black and it makes my lashes long, full and very dramatic. No flaking throughout the day which was a major bonus. If you are looking for a new mascara to try, I highly recommend giving this one a go.
4. Kylie Lip Kit in Bare
– I never thought I would see the day where I was reviewing a Kylie Lip Kit, but here we are. And to my surprise, I am OBSESSED and completely crazy for both the lip liner and liquid lipstick. I bought the color Bare which is a nice subtle everyday color. The lip liner is super creamy and glides right on, and the velvet matte lipstick is comfortable despite it’s intense full coverage. This was by far the biggest hit out of my entire haul.
5. NYX Lingerie Gloss in Spirit
– Another huge hit from my haul was this NYX gloss which is less than $10! I was worried it would be too thick and sticky, but to my surprise it felt creamy, smooth and the color is neutral perfection (it’s swatched in the above photos – the far right swatch on my hand). Two lip color wins in one haul – that is what I call a successful shopping trip!
6. St. Tropez Express Bronzing Mousse
– I am already a huge fan of the classic St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse
but have heard great things about the Express version. It develops in just one hour (2 hours if you want medium color and 3 hours if you want dark color), and gave me the most perfect bronzed glow. The formula is never too orange and so easy to apply (no streaking).
7. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone
– When the warmer weather is imminent, I want to buy all the bronzey and shimmery things. I already have a ton of highlighters but haven’t tried any of the Becca Skin Perfectors before and have heard nothing but great things. And the hype is all true – the formula is beautiful. It gives quite a bold highlight though if I apply just a small amount I am able to give my cheekbones the most gorgeous glow. For my skin tone, Moonstone was perfect and looks like a champagne shimmer on my cheeks.
The 21 Days of Beauty promotion is going on until April 6th so be sure to check all the deals so you don’t miss the ones you want!
Thanks to Ulta Beauty for sponsoring today’s post.