A Bit Obsessed: June Beauty Favorites
July,02 2013 | A Bit Obsessed, Beauty Bits, Becca, Chanel, Favorites, Hourglass, Inglot, Shiseido
Long time, no favorites, right? May was actually a complete let down and no new beauty products were hitting my fancy, (I know, I’m just as shocked as you), but I knew that if I held out long enough – and shopped long enough, I would again find things that I loved and had to share. Annnnnnd – voila! I tried, tested and loved in June – and my monthly beauty favorites are back in business! Here is a look at the products that brought me back from the beauty favorites brink of extinction:
1. Chanel Nail Polish in Azure – I think by now most of you know that I am often not the first to run out and buy a new color collection as soon as it hits stores. I usually let it sit for a bit and if I am still intrigued (and the products are still there), I make my move. But with this summer 2013 Chanel polish – things were different. I saw it on many different bloggers’ Instagrams and knew I had to have. And it was love at first swipe. This is my third Chanel polish and not a miss yet – all have been splurge worthy.
2. Inglot AMC Face Blush in #59 – As a former makeup artist, I am ashamed to admit that I had never tried anything from Inglot. But after recently attending The Makeup Show, I was blown away by their products – this blush being my introduction. Not normally one for shimmer (let alone glitter), this blush imparts the most beautiful and healthy glow without any resemblance to a 13 year old glitter addict. Perfect for the summer when paired with a bronzy look, this will also transition well into fall and winter for that chic, rosy glow.
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light – As mentioned before, it takes me a minute to get on the bandwagon so I have been admiring the Ambient Lighting powders from a distance for quite some time. On an impulse Sephora trip (is there ever any other kind of Sephora trip????), I pulled the trigger. The warm peachy undertone of this powder appealed to me first, and when swept on the cheeks and forehead – it gives a warmth to the skin that is less than a bronzer but more than just a pressed powder. The only conclusion I can come to is that it’s magic – makeup magic.
4. Becca Matte Skin Shine Proof Foundation (c/o) – A mouthful to say but a dream to wear. After attending a fellow blogger, Danielle’s Becca event – I fell in love with this brand, and their entire aesthetic. Wearable shades and color ranges to match any and every skin tone, this is a brand that all can embrace. While it may be hard to believe – finding shades light enough for my skin is often quite the challenge. As soon as I applied this foundation, the color was absolutely perfect and the texture truly kept my skin matte for the day. Summer shine doesn’t stand a chance – game on.
5. H20 Sea Moss Replenishing Body Lotion Spray – Morning madness has met its match with this body lotion. Under the name of this product should be listed its biggest selling point – “Just spray and GO!” Truly game changing. Most body lotion sprays I have tried in the past still leave residue on the skin that I have to rub in, and who has that kind of TIME – I have 13,000 coats of mascara to apply. But this is like a fine mist of hydration that immediately dissolves into the skin leaving you feeling refreshed and ready to get dressed. Use it and tell me if you don’t shave 5 minutes off your time – hit that snooze button gals!
6. Shiseido Cleansing Oil – Blah, blah, blah – I love cleansing oils more than I love my shoes (well sorta). I feel like a broken record at this point with how much I push cleansing oils – but it’s my blog and I’ll cry if I want…..er…talk about new cleansing oils if I want to. And every time I find a new a new cleansing oil I love – I have to shout it from the roof tops (or write it on my blog). A great price point and fantastic texture that cuts right through all my makeup, this Shiseido oil has already reserved a place on my repurchase forever list. What an honor.
I’m always curious to hear what products all of you are using and loving – leave me a comment below or tweet me @alittlebitetc and let’s gush together.
Read all my past beauty favorites here.