This has been a recently requested blog post so today I am sharing with you my mom's morning skincare and makeup routine. While my mom has always taken good care of her skin, it was only after I got into beauty blogging that we both really took everything to the next level. LOL. We regularly text back and forth talking about the products we are testing and trying, and she is forever reading my blog (actually she was the first reader ever) taking notes of all the fun things she wants to go out and buy. Many of the things in her routine are also products that I use so it's nice to see that these items are suitable for any age. Just for reference (she will hate me for this, but it's for the blog Mom), my mom is 68 and has normal to dry skin. I asked her to write this post herself and send to me, so it will be 100% from her perspective and in her words. Hope you enjoy!
|Me and my mom at Christmas dinner a few years ago.|
1. Nude Perfect Cleanse Cleansing Oil - I love the way this oil prepares my face for the day. I apply the oil directly onto a dry face and it turns into a gentle milk when water is added. It leaves my skin soft and supple.
2. Pixi Glow Tonic - This is a gentle exfoliating toner that I use after the Nude Cleansing Oil. It helps wake up my face and I find that it has made a big difference in the texture and tone of my skin.
3. Tatcha Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream - This is a favorite that I have used for a while. The cream is intensely nourishing, helps target any fine lines and absorbs immediately.
4. Amarte Aqua Veil Hydrator - This cucumber-infused lotion not only smells great, but leaves my face feeling super hydrated and refreshed.
5. Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate - This serum has become a holy grail favorite. I find my skin looks brighter, more supple and wears beautifully under makeup.
6. Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 - Another favorite that I have been using for years. It gives me my necessary daily SPF protection and is lightweight enough for the warm weather here in Virginia Beach, but still nourishing enough for fall and winter. It's a yearround staple!
7. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - This gives my skin a nice smooth finish to apply my foundation.
8. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in Vanilla 02 - The texture of this foundation is a lightweight gel-cream that provides just enough coverage. It conceals any discoloration or redness I may have, but is sheer enough to allow my skin to show through. It applies smoothly and lasts all day.
9. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Powder Pink 6 - This has been my go-to rouge for years - easy to apply with my fingers and gives a nice flush to my cheeks.
10. Real Techniques Brushes - These are the easiest brushes to use to apply my makeup and they make me feel like a pro!
11. Guerlain Maxi-Lash Mascara - Since my lashes are not quite as thick as they used to be (insert sad face emoji), this mascara provides the fullness and volume that my lashes need.
12. Hourglass Lipstick in Grace - I struggle with finding a lipstick that won't make my lips peel. This formula goes on smooth, keeps my lips hydrated and the color is perfect for every day.
13. Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Body Lotion - This has been my signature scent for years. The scent is pleasant, feminine and lasts all day. And it doesn't hurt that I am forever getting compliments on it!
A big thanks to my mom for writing her first blog post. Yay! She will be following it up with her evening skincare routine within the next few weeks so stay tuned!
Shop my mom's faves: