Today's post is going to be a huge enabler, so I should just warn you now. Lots of makeup and skincare pictures and tons of great recommendations so beware. Space NK has been one of my favorite beauty stores for years. They tend to carry a very different assortment of brands than your average Sephora or Blue Mercury, and their curation of products is superb. Since many of the brands are unique or not widely found, I figured I would do a round-up of my best product recommendations, so if you haven't shopped there before you can possibly use this as a starting point. And if you have shopped there, then maybe you can discover some new products to try. While they have multiple free standing stores, you can also find Space NK shops inside many Bloomingdale's stores across the country. But before we get to recommendations, let's first start with a few pics of one of the stores (this one is located in Soho, NYC) just to get your beauty excitement building.
Now that we have (somewhat) toured the store, let's get down to the good stuff. My recommendations! Here are some of my favorite products and/or brands from Space NK.
1. Eve Lom Cleanser - The cleanser is a cult classic and for good reason. It helps to cleanse, exfoliate and remove makeup like no other. And when used with the accompanying muslin cloth (this video helps to show you the proper way of using the cleanser), my skin is always left glowing and soft. I've recently begun using products from their newly released complexion range and fell immediately in love with the Radiance Perfected Tinted Moisturizer, Golden Radiance Bronzing Powder and Light Illusion Concealer.
2. Sunday Riley Face Oils - I love the entire Sunday Riley range (Good Genes is a holy grail product), but specifically felt that her face oils are worth a mention. There are three different ones that target different skin concerns such as complexion-balancing, anti-aging, nourishing and are truly exceptional. I use Artemis regularly and find that it's helps to balance my skin by adding in the necessary hydration and oil, thus making my skin less oily. And if you just have extra money burning a hole in your pocket, give a peek to the Start Over Active Eye Cream and Ceramic Slip Cleanser - they are staples in my skincare routine.
3. Sachajuan Hair Repair - I rarely talk about hair products on the blog, mainly because I don't tend to stray from what works for my hair. I have curly hair that I straighten daily, while simultaneously struggling with an oily scalp and dry ends. When I received this Sachajuan Hair Repair last year, I was unsure about the brand and whether it was worth trying. Little did I know it would become one of my holy grail hair products after only one use. It's a mask I use once a week on the ends of my hair to help strengthen them and not only has it helped repair my hair, but my hair grows like a weed now!
4. Hourglass Cosmetics - I had to take a picture of the entire Hourglass display because there were too many products that I recommend to put in one picture. From the Ambient Lighting Powders, to the Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick, to the Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil, primers and foundations, everything from this line is exquisite. This is the one brand that I have the most products from in my makeup collection - and that should tell you everything.
5. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse - One of the best multi-purpose oils you will ever try. I have tried almost every body oil around, and this one will always remain a favorite. Easily absorbed, incredibly nourishing and great for just about anywhere on the entire body. This is a cult classic for a reason, folks.
6. Lipstick Queen products - This brand focuses on just lip products and for that, I love it. One of my all time best nude lip shades is the Lipstick Queen Saint Pinky Nude. The Chinatown pencils are better than any jumbo lip pencil I've tried and their new Silver Screen lipsticks are a spectacular full coverage lipstick with the ease and slip of a lip balm ('You Kid' is the perfect beige-y neutral from this new collection).
7. Diptyque candles - Well these certainly aren't new to many of you, but Space NK has such an amazing selection of Diptyque candles that it's worth a mention. And since many of you ask me what are some of the best scents to begin with when buying your first Diptyque candle, these are my recommendations. Ambre, Roses and Baies - can't go wrong with any of them.
8. Chantecaille Lip Chics - These are by far one of my favorite lipsticks of all time. I don't find them spoken about often but the texture, pigmentation and feel make this formulation one of the most magnificent things to ever grace my lips. It's hard to describe exactly, but when I apply the lipstick, it feels as if the color is fusing to my lips. The texture never gets dry and keeps my lips the most hydrated out of any formula I currently own. The two shades Anais and Daphne are two neutral lip staples, yet I am anxious to add a few more vibrant shades to my collection.
9. Nudestix - If you missed it, I did an entire review on this brand - and it was a glowing one. You should know by now how much I love a pencil anything - lip, eye, cheek, etc, and so this brand was right up my alley. The magnetic eye pencils were my stand out favorite (Twilight is the best taupe), while the lip pencils are all in varying shades of nudes. How amazing is that? An entire line dedicated to nude and neutral tones - it's like they made it just for me. How nice.
And if this post wasn't already a list of beauty amazing-ness, it gets better. Space NK is running their "Discovery" promotion beginning today through October 21st which encourages you to discover something new from Space NK. Take $20 off any order over $75 with the code DISCOVER20 when you check out online. You will also have your choice of three samples and free ground shipping on your order (US customers only). Head to the site for more details. And if you want to know what is currently on my Space NK list of things to "discover", I made a little compilation below. You guys know I love a good beauty wish list.
1. Zelens Skincare 2. Goldfaden MD Doctor's Scrub 3. Radical Skincare 4. Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial 5. Natura Bisse The Cure 6. Cane + Austin Retexturing Treatment Pads 7. Diptyque Le Redoute Scented Candle 8. By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Foundation 9. Thisworks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray 10. Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Fluid Foundation 11. African Botanics Pure Marula Cleansing Oil 12. R + Co. hair products
What are some of your favorite Space NK products and what are you looking to try?