Happy Monday! (ugh, it's not happy but let's pretend) There is only one good way to begin the week, yes? A beauty favorites post! Here are my favorite products from the month of June:
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette* - How could I not include this? You know my intense love for Hourglass runs deep (if not, the proof is here and here), and this palette was an instant sensation for a reason. It is stunning! The three shades are Incandescent Light (exclusive to this palette), Dim Light and Radiant Light and I use them separately or together to give the most stunning, airbrushed and lit-from-within glow to the skin. And now it is permanent at Sephora, Space.NK, Bergdorf Goodman and the Hourglass website which brings me so much joy, because I know once I finish this (and I WILL finish it) I can replenish.
2. Essie Bikini So Teeny - There is no better color for summer. I especially love this on my toes (and nails, see mani here) and think it looks beautiful on any skin tone. Do you need this in your collection? Signs point to yes.
3. Neal's Yard Remedies Palmarosa Purifying Facial Mask* - If the mask purifies, my face wants to try it. I have an army of these types of masks at home and sadly they often dry the heck out of my face. But every once in a while I find one that purifies AND leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft (this mask is my other purifying favorite), and my skin thanks me. Because it doesn't dry my skin out, I find that using this 2-3 times a week does wonders for helping me detoxify, remove any dirt from my pores and give my skin a thorough deep cleanse.
4. Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Canvas* - I keep saying I hate lip glosses, yet I am finding news ones all the time that don't wear like a typical gloss. These Hourglass Extreme Sheen Glosses go on like a liquid lipstick, have a slight shine yet feel extremely moisturizing. Of course I had to take the natural shade because duh, I am the neutral queen. This is a pumped up "my lip color but better", and it hasn't left my makeup bag since I received it. It goes with practically any eye and cheek, and I have already pinned it to my beauty board to remind myself to buy more shades. Like I need more lip colors...sheesh. (but I do, because I'm crazy)
5. YSL 5 Color Couture Palette - It's been a while since YSL released eye shadows that moved me enough to buy, but this new launch managed to bring the credit card out. *wallet weeps silent tears* I chose a natural palette (shocking), and love the color combination together (see it here in my Instagram pic). I will mention however, that I feel the pigmentation is more of a light to medium intensity, and powder does fly everywhere when you dip your brush in. But even with all of that, I think I may need to add another one to my collection. Maybe a bright color combination next time. (LOL, I almost believed myself there.)
6. Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia - I said the other day when visiting the Jo Malone store, "I wish I could have my entire life designed by the Jo Malone team". From the packaging, to the visuals, to the stores, to the scents, everything Jo Malone puts out is beautiful, fresh and elegant. English Pear & Freesia is new to my collection, and is quite different from the sweeter scents I usually gravitate towards (this one and this one are two faves). It smells clean and fresh which is nice when it's hot out and doesn't change once the humidity hits it.
7. Clinique Sonic Cleansing Brush - Ok, I have something to admit and it's quite shameful. I have never used a Clarisonic. (Hey, I heard you gasp....that's not nice) I feel it is worth mentioning because I can't compare my Clinique experience with a Clarisonic. So forgive me if you can, but even without that frame of reference, I fell in love with this device. And since Clinique is the brand made for even the most sensitive skin, I knew this would be super gentle. But could it still be effective? Most definitely Y-E-S! I had the opportunity to preview it a few weeks ago, and have been using ever since, twice a day for 30 seconds each time. It feels delicate on the skin, but there is no doubt that my skin is looking much better. The brush has so many details that you can tell it was well thought out. For example the bristles have an anti-microbial property to make them more hygienic, the brush is angled to help it contour to the face while using, and it only stays on for 30 seconds at a time so you don't overuse. I mean, the devil is in the details with this one. But if you are still not convinced, try it for yourself. It launches TODAY on the Clinique website.
* press samples
What were some of your June beauty favorites? Share in the comments below.
Have you entered my giveaway to win a $500 Kate Somerville gift card??? Enter here.