It's baaaaack!!! I skipped my monthly favorites for January because I was testing so many different things but I am back with some great picks for February. These posts are truly one of my favorite (no pun intended, har har) to read from other bloggers, so I really enjoy doing them myself. 2014 has a lot to live up to beauty wise, because I found some pretty amazing things during my beauty exploration in 2013. But so far, the year is starting off strong with my favorite finds - so I am feeling hopeful. Here are my favorites from the past two months:
1. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color in Magic and Tapage - Magic was a limited edition color exclusive to Chanel.com and Macy's, but it was a beauty. A gorgeous deep navy that was just the perfect shade of blue (see swatch here). Tapage was from the Spring 2014 Collection and if this color does not perk up your mood just by looking at it, then nothing will. A bright red/coral that is perfect to wear both in the winter, when your nails need a bit of life, and the spring/summer when it's taboo not to have bright nails (see swatch here).
2. Sunday Riley Good Genes - Yup, I fell victim to all the hype surrounding this product. And thank goodness I did, because I adore it. I wear this as a serum under my night time moisturizer and even upon first application, it made my skin glow. It's designed to be a brightening, multitasking and radiance treatment and it delivers on every promise - immediately at that. Plump, supple, radiant, and glowing is the only way to describe my skin the next morning - otherwise know as perfect skin. I now understand why people freak out when they run out of this stuff - I dispense it like it's liquid gold, never sparing even a drop.
3. Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment - Well isn't this just a month of cult classic favorites, right? I bought this during the same haul as my Good Genes, and yup I loved it too. It really does clean out pores like no other treatment, and has a slight exfoliating effect as well, so after my skin is always smooth and beautiful. This did come in a set with the Youthmud Tinglexfoliate treatment mask, and while my skin is nowhere near sensitive, it was a tad too harsh for my skin to take. But the Supermud original is the jam and worth every penny.
4. REN Bio-Retinoid Anti-Aging Cream (c/o) - I dedicated an entire blog post to this product as it was my first experience with Retinol, and it was life changing. I have seen products help with my breakouts before, but nothing quite like this cream - it had profound results on how smooth, clear and even my skin looked. You can read the entire post here. In the meantime, snag a sample of this if you can, you won't be disappointed.
5. Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation - What is a favorites post on this blog without Hourglass, amiright? Once again, they knocked it out of the park again with this product. It is a liquid/cream/mousse like foundation that goes on flawlessly, and does a great job of keeping me matte throughout the day. I always still need to touch up with powder (I am that oily) but this foundation has some serious staying power, lasting all day for me. My Hourglass love affair continues.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and Brow Powder Duo (c/o) - If there was any brow product that could steer me away from my Hourglass Brow Tool, it would be ones from the brow queen herself, Anastasia. Both of these have made me cheat on my holy grail Hourglass, and with such great results, I can't say I feel bad. The Brow Wiz pencil gives a much more exact and bolder look for when I am wearing a bit more makeup, while the Powder duo is a bit more natural for more subtle days. With the powder duo, the ability to mix two colors makes it even more of a perfect fit for my hair color. But application and colors aside, the staying power on these products is ridiculous - they last ALL. DAY. LONG. This summer humidity better get ready for my brows.
7. Nude Perfect Cleansing Oil (c/o) - Never met a cleansing oil I didn't love (ok maybe a few, but I block those out), and this Nude oil is no exception. It's extremely gentle and not as thick as other cleansing oils, making it easier to use when removing even the most stubborn makeup. Sometimes when the cleansing oils are too thick, it takes more work than it's worth to wash my face - no thank you.
8. Tom Ford Lip Color in Pink Dusk - This was one of my first experiences with Tom Ford lip colors, and of course I fell in love. *watches wallet contents empty* It's a full coverage lipstick, which I love with an extremely creamy texture. The only caveat with this color is that my lips need to be exfoliated properly or it won't apply evenly. This made me a bit hesitant at the beginning when using it, but the color was just so darn pretty and opaque that I settled for the fact that it would be a bit more high maintenance. The beauty end justified the fussy means.
Shop the post: