A monthly favorites with this many bold lip choices? It's shocking, truly. But I can't help myself. I have found so many great bright shades that I am reaching for them almost every day. Of course I balanced this out with two neutral eye shadows, to make sure you guys still knew it was me. And a few nail products and one skincare product also made the cut. Here's the rundown:
1. Neal's Yard Remedies Organic Eye Makeup Remover (c/o) - Rarely do I use eye makeup remover, since my preferred method of cleansing each night is with a cleansing oil, but after giving this one a go, I was happy to welcome it back into my regimen. More than anything, I found this remover to be so soothing and I would actually soak a cotton pad in the solution and hold them on my eyes for approximately 15-30 seconds. Not only did it remove the makeup, but it refreshed and nourished the eye area.
2. Bite Beauty Lipstick in Fig (swatch above)- How many Bite Beauty lip products can one girl acquire? I'm on a personal mission to find out. Pepper was a previous favorite (see post here), and now Fig - a subtle pink shade that wears beautifully and makes my lips actually feel better after using it.
3. NARS Velvet Matte Pencil in Damned (swatch above) - The name sounds a bit daunting but this deep berry shade is the epitome of an easy to wear vampy lip. I know, that almost sounds like an oxymoron, but trust me - whether worn as a stain or more opaque, it is a must for fall/winter.
4. Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Sancerre (swatch above) - Another Bite lip product????? I wasn't kidding about this brand - I am collecting them all. A matte, full coverage lip that delivers bold color not for the faint of heart. I blot with a tissue after, but the color is intense and lasts all. day. long. Just try to remove it. Seriously. Try.
5. Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eyeshadows in Les Fumes (swatch above) - I find myself becoming more and more drawn to Guerlain, and with each product I try, my love for the brand is solidified more. I have heard people rave about these eye palettes before, and now I know why - look at those swatches! Butter soft, richly pigmented and so easy to blend - I am a bit mad at myself I didn't discover them sooner. Now that I know better, I will do better (AKA buy more).
6. NARS Eye shadow in Edie - Alright, I got this color just a few months ago, and I swear I am going to hit pan any day. I use it THAT much. It is the perfect base shade - and frankly, while it may not be as exciting of a color as some, it is soooo necessary. Not too shimmery, not too matte - it's just right.
7. Julep Polymer Top Coat - I'm that girl that goes to the nail salon with her own polishes - yes I am. But ever since discovering this top coat, my manicures have never lasted longer. The finish is much like a gel polish, and dries faster than anything I have ever seen. And chipping? What chipping? I have to reallllly, try to chip my manicure when wearing this top coat. I already have a back up for when I finish. To be without would be a tragedy.
8. Butter London Wallis - I can't lie, I have A LOT of nail polish. But in my defense, I do a weekly blog feature so......so there. With all that polish, I tend to forget about shades that I have used and loved, and recently I stumbled across this Butter London shade again and was reminded of why I bought it in the first place. So unique, so different - it is truly one of my favorite nail color of all time. A little bit grungy, a little bit glam - here is a swatch to convince you. See??? Amazing.
Shop October beauty favorites: