So many things sold out quickly during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale but there are still some great basics and classic pieces still in stock. I know people go right for all the exciting things and unique pieces, but now is also a great time to grab closet staples that you will need all fall and winter. Here are 15 that caught my eye:
1. Waterproof Rain Jacket – I know it’s super hot out and hard to think about fall/winter clothing, but it’s best to be prepared when the cold weather comes! This jacket is great for throwing on and running out the door when you need something to protect you from the cold and rain.
2. Cardigan – Most of the cardigans sold out quickly, but this slim style is still in stock in a few colors. I personally am not a fan of huge chunky cardigans, so this is definitely my type of cardigan to wear.
3. Twist front pullover – This pullover is a great piece to wear with jeans and sneakers or as workout wear with leggings to the gym.
4. Lace dress – I have a few friends that have this dress and they have gotten so much wear out of it over the years. It’s a classic style that they have all year and a great silhouette for a bridal shower, baby shower, wedding, etc.
5. High waist pocket leggings – I have quite a few Zella leggings and they made their classic high waisted style with pockets this year!
6. Nude sandals – A pair of nude strappy sandals should be a staple in everyone’s closet. If you already have nude covered, this style also comes in a ton of other colors as well.
7. Ankle boots – Madewell makes so many great classic boots and shoes and these are a great fall staple. Wear them with dresses or jeans/pants – they will go with almost anything in your closet.
8. Sports bra – I have this sports bra and it provides such great support for all types of activities and is so comfortable to wear.
9. Suede mule – Another classic shoe option from Madewell! These would be so cute for fall.
10. Hunter boots – If you don’t have a pair of rain boots for yourself, Hunters are one of the best. I also love that you can add thick socks and wear them in the snow.
11. Over the knee boots – Now is the perfect time to splurge on a pair of OTK boots. You can wear these with dresses, skirts and jeans – they are incredibly versatile!
12. Sheath dress – This is a great workwear piece and you can even layer a turtleneck under it to make it suitable for fall and winter.
13. Faux leather moto jacket – I tried this jacket on in store (see it in this post) and was really impressed with the fit! I already have a black moto jacket or else this would have been my pick for this year.
14. V-neck cashmere sweater – It’s not the most exciting piece you will ever buy, but classics like there are always needed in a good wardrobe.
15. Cozy cardigan – Everyone is crazy for the Barefoot Dreams cardigans (they truly are as soft as everyone claims) and this style is still in stock!
Shop all my picks here:
lifestyle, motherhood, nsale | July 23, 2019
There are some pretty big splurge items on sale in the kids/baby section of the Anniversary sale so i thought I would share 9 of them that